Page dedication

This blog is dedicated to the Life and Service of Captain Witold Pilecki - May 13, 1901 to May 25, 1948

Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday May 30, 2016. Memorial Day

I'm back from the town ceremony, my FD Class A uniform is stripped of it's hardware and ready to be dropped off at the dry cleaners this week, and my flag is back up to full staff. I was tasked with leading the town in reciting The Pledge of Allegiance. Before I did, I made a brief speech, saying how we all learned The Pledge at a young age, and recite it automatically without even having to think about it. On this day, let us think about the words as we say them, and reflect on their meaning.

The following video is courtesy of Hillsdale College.
















Captain Pilecki.....OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment