Page dedication

This blog is dedicated to the Life and Service of Captain Witold Pilecki - May 13, 1901 to May 25, 1948

Friday, May 6, 2016

May 6th Birthdays

Two important birthdays today. My honey of 35 years turned XX today. She would be pissed if she knew I mentioned it here, therefore in case she ever finds out (and for PERSEC reasons) I did not state her age. I asked her what she wanted, and she said she wanted speakers for streaming music on her phone (she is a new fan of Pandora). I got her the BOSE Soundlink Mini II as well as the carrying case and she loves it.

The other is a two part birthday, with the second part coming on May 25th. It is for this:


























My 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 "Spring Special". According to my research on the V.I.N. it was scheduled to be built about May 5th 1966. The only way to be sure of the exact date is to find the build sheet, which could still be hidden in the car. So for now, I celebrate it on my wife's birthday. I plan on doing some work on the interior when I have some extra cash, so I hope to find it hidden under the carpet, back seat, or other interior panel. It is called a "Spring Special", because it was built late in the model year, and they put the extra parts on my car from the 7 Liter XL muscle cars, that usually don't belong on a standard two door hardtop. The 5-slot styled wheel covers, full length rocker trim, hood spear, dual sport mirrors, and some other tidbits I can't remember. It was a DVD of Ford commercials from the 50's and 60's that finally told the story of why that stuff was on my car. A commercial starring Tennessee Ernie Ford advertised the Spring Special. So to all you big mouth know-it-alls at the car shows who try to tell me my car is not correct, I say, "mind your own effin' business!" The second part of the car's birthday is documented. That is the day the original owner walked into Fitzgerald Ford in Rockville, CT, plunked down about three grand in cash and said, "gimme that one." I have the original title that he signed over to me, purchase date of May 25, 1966. Now if only the weather would cooperate, we could take it out and go cruisin' somewhere. Mmmmmmm, ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment